Chief Financial Officer
Company Summary: MGA Entertainment, a consumer entertainment Products Company headquartered in Chatsworth, California, manufactures innovative lines of proprietary products for the toy and consumer electronics market. The company also licenses its IP in such areas as apparel, home décor, stationery, and sporting goods. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as LOL Surprise, Little Tikes®, Project MC2, and Zapf Creation®. For more information, please visit www.mgae.com.
Mission: Responsibility for the organization’s financial reporting-internal and external- including compliance with the various tax and financial regulations effecting the organization around the world. Initiate and enforce measures and procedures to ensure that the business of the Company shall be conducted with the maximum efficiency, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, in a cost-effective manner with an optimal return on investment and growth prospects. Responsible for the development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of costs, budgets, policies, trends cash flow and increased profit possibilities. Also responsible for the establishment and maintaining of a system of internal control to protect the company’s assets and properly report financial results.
- MBA with emphasis in accounting. CPA preferred.
- Minimum ten years’ experience showing increasing responsibilities in all aspect of the position described above.
- Hands-on experience and leadership in developing reporting packages for senior management.
- Proven experience in review and implementation of policies and procedures covering all financial functions.
- Strong focus on the bottom line and cost controls.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to develop and implement business plans.
- Meticulously organized, effective, hard working manager.
- Good people and management skills with proven ability to coach and build teams.
- Fully computer literate.
- Proven expereince in leading M&A activities
- Prove success at executing IPO transactions
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing complex organizational initiatives and change efforts
- Expereince leading or supporting an organization on a global scale.
- Legal and SEC (IPO and Sarbanes-Oxley) experience (Preferred).
- Experience with consolidation and operations in multiple countries; exposure to multi-national corporation finance and tax issues (Preferred).
- Good knowledge of toy and/or fast moving consumer goods industries (Preferred).
- Extremely well-organized, take charge professional who makes things happen, and who has a strong orientation to quality, accuracy, and timeliness. Timeliness is crucial for trends to be exploited and negative trends to be immediately addressed.
- Capable of assessing and building a world class finance team
- Provide guidance and development for finance team in SSEC reporting, controls, taxes and financial oversight
- Able to provide hands on support as well as strategic partnership
- Fully committed individual, able to work the necessary hours to accomplish the job
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to assess and develop
- Knowledge of effective income tax planning strategies
- Great people, interpersonal and management skills.
- Excellent follow-through skills.
- Good visionary.
- Reports to the CEO
- Oversees all financial functions including accounting, budget, credit, insurance, tax and treasury.
- A member of the Executive Committee.
Key Result Areas:
Business Plan, Budgets
- Approve and release monthly financial package within two weeks of month-end including variance analysis vs. budget and previous year.
- Manages departmental S, G & A budgets and review with department heads on quarterly basis.
Cash Flow Management
- Projects cash and debt requirements.
- Develop and recommend optimal financing for internal projects or acquisitions.
Profitability Analysis of New Products/Product Lines
- Develop a reporting system to measure profitability by product or product line, which is consistent with the organization.
Corporate Insurance/Risk Management
- Ensure all company assets are properly tracked and adequately insured.
- Manage domestic and international bank relationships and review on a periodic basis the company credit needs.
Outside Audit and Tax Relations
- Provide tax planning at least a year in advance.
- Negotiate and manage outside auditor, tax relationships and fees.
- Develop effective income tax planning strategies
Financial Controls and Policy Procedures
- Review and update existing policies and procedures; ensure they are implemented and communicated to the entire company.
- Develop a 3-year plan to set internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
- Ensure that all company employees adhere to company policy and procedures.
Other duties as assigned