Director, Licensing and Business Development
MGA Entertainment is one of the world's fastest growing and largest privately held toy and entertainment companies. Headquartered in Chatsworth, Calif. and with offices globally, the company creates innovative, proprietary, and licensed consumer products and entertainment, including toys, games, dolls, apparel, consumer electronics, home décor, stationery, sporting goods, movies, and television series. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as L.O.L. Surprise!™, Little Tikes®, Rainbow High™, Shadow High™, Bratz®, MGA’s Miniverse™, Na! Na! Na! Surprise™, Mermaze Mermaidz™ Color Change, Micro Games of America™, Baby Born® Surprise and Zapf Creation®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgae.com or check us out at LinkedIn.
Mission: The Director of Licensing and Business Development for Australia & New Zealand is responsible for managing all categories and licensees for Softlines, Hardlines, FHB, Digital, Publishing and LBE’s. The Director will be given the goal of meeting or exceeding predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives. He/She evaluates and identifies gaps and/or new opportunities to delivery incremental sustainable revenue volume. He/She provides business vision and leadership and works collaboratively with retail sales and other divisions within the MGA organization to deliver common franchise and financial goals.
Key Result Areas Time Utilization
- Category and retail management 35%
- Retail, Sales, and Marketing 35%
- Product Development 20%
- Finance and Business Planning 10%
- Category and retail management:
- Strategize and develop new business opportunities. Analyze account business performance and develop growth objectives that are aligned with MGA initiatives.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, opportunities, threats, and dynamics.
- Develop and implement product strategies, merchandising and marketing plans to ensure that sales are maximized, and marketing objectives met.
- Lead the selection, contract negotiation, and day to day relationships with the top licensees, and ensure appropriate team management of the remaining licensees.
- Exploitation of licensee’s rights (maximization of licensed categories)
- Retail, Sales, and Marketing
- Consult with Sales Trade Marketing team to define account promotional and marketing plans and ensure licensee participation (Top 10 licensees)
- Develop strong relationships with key retailers to maximize commercial and brand opportunities.
- Development of e-Commerce Strategy to drive DTC and on-line presence on major fashion sites with lead ecommerce licensees.
- Product Development:
- Define and plan product development for retailer exclusive products.
- Set-up line review with licensees and Product Development team.
- Ensures licensee product lines reflect MGA quality and brand/property objectives.
- Collaborate with PD and Licensees to develop timeline schedule for key initiatives at retail
- Finance and Business Planning:
- Review quarterly performance and devise tactical plans to advance financial performance.
- Submitting and meeting forecasts/budgets requirements (external and internal)
- Working with finance and contracts areas on chasing payments and agreements
- Bachelor's degree, +10 years of Licensing experience
- Drive for results
- Independent and owner operator
- Relationship builder
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Trail blazer
- Excellent sales/negotiation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of licensees' production and creative capabilities/limitations
- Ability to drive a vision with commercial results
- Ability to lead change