MGA Entertainment is a toy and family entertainment company headquartered in Chatsworth, California. We design, develop, manufacture, and market toys for children and families around the world. The MGA Entertainment family includes award-winning brands such as LOL Surprise! and Little Tikes. For more information, please visit www.mgae.com.
The Financial Analyst will serve as a key member of the Finance team and will be working with cross functional business partners across the organization. Reporting to the Treasury Manager, this position will be responsible for processing financial operations and payments. This is a great opportunity to focus on learning how to manage the financial workspace and gain foreign exchange experience to support MGA Entertainment’s exciting global expansion.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor previous day banking reports, maintain cash balances, initiate all bank wire and ACH transactions, and compile the necessary control and audit-trail documentation, while ensuring policy compliance.
- Perform the full cash management cycle, including daily cash positioning to analyze available cash balances and initiate pooling transfers as appropriate, run daily and monthly reconciliations, business continuity planning and record retention.
- Drive process improvements and help develop a consistent approach to reporting results within the organization, utilization of analysis and reporting focused on increasing the effectiveness, efficiency and overall value created by vendor and supplier relationships.
- Responsible to be in the primary liaison between Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and other departments in the Organization. Respond to matters with regard to company’s cash (Wire, ACH, Check) or bank related inquiries and provide all necessary banking reports.
- Execute on special initiatives and projects as assigned. (Assist with FBAR reporting).
- Handle bank account management including opening, maintaining and closing bank accounts, monitoring bank fees and assist with the KYC process.
- Coordinate audit requests for the Treasury Department.
- Manage information in the Treasury workstation (counterparty ratings, bank wire and ACH instructions, money market daily Factors, etc.) as appropriate.
FINANCIAL ANALYST SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Internship experience or one year professional experience in treasury, finance, accounting or a related area (Global environment), preferred.
- Proficient in Excel (LOOKUP Functions, Pivot Tables, etc.), Word
- Proficient with a mid-tier or large ERP system, preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Great work ethic and ability to work with a team.
- Self-starter and can adapt quickly.