Manager, Demand Planning & Replenishment
MGA Entertainment, a consumer entertainment Products Company headquartered in Chatsworth, California, manufactures innovative lines of proprietary products for the toy and consumer electronics market. The company also licenses its IP in such areas as apparel, home décor, stationery and sporting goods. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as LOL Surprise, Little Tikes®, Project MC2, and Zapf Creation®. For more information please visit www.mgae.com.
The Manager, Target Demand Planning & Replenishment is responsible for all activities related to supply planning from production forecasts to finished good delivery including day-to-day communication and management of retail partners, as it relates to demand planning and order fulfillment which is a critical step in the S&OP process at MGA Entertainment. This role will help to guide the design and implementation of improvements to the current library of forecasting algorithms and techniques with the objective of improving the efficiency of the forecasting process and improving the accuracy of the forecasting process. Manager, Target Demand Planning & Replenishment reports to Director, Supply Chain Planning and manages a team of Demand Planners. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote operations team driving planning and order fulfillment. In this role, you will:
- Manage new and existing programs, successfully delivering difficult projects and goals across multiple organizations
- Work directly with external providers, customers, and partner teams to craft and deliver scalable solutions
- Partner with other program managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set project priorities and milestones and drive delivery
- Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any gaps in supply plans preventing meeting order schedule
- Recommend and implement key retail planning techniques with the supply planning organization to support minimal stockouts and increased inventory turns.
- Schedule and host meetings with manufacturing partners in U.S. and/or globally as required, reducing and eliminating shortages
- Work with finance and other teams to monitor and report budget
- Be responsible for report generation and distribution
- Represent the planning organization in internal program meetings
- Identify lean techniques to improve retail and demand planning metrics and processes
- Coach, mentor and help develop a team of planners
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years Planning experience in a consumer market Segment Company
- 6+ years Supply Chain management experience
- Experience with MS Office, specifically Excel
- Understanding (and practical application) of LEAN
- APICS certified
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team members
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing preferred
- Sleuthing and curiosity to determine the root cause of forecast error.
- Planning ahead to drive accurate forecasts, especially outside of Supply Chain lead time.
- Drive and ability to implement supply chain planning techniques to support overall Supply Chain metrics.
- Leads team members towards continuous improvement in planning techniques.