Retail Sales Manager, Licensing
MGA Entertainment is one of the world's fastest growing and largest privately held toy and entertainment companies. Headquartered in Chatsworth, Calif. and with offices globally, the company creates innovative, proprietary, and licensed consumer products and entertainment, including toys, games, dolls, apparel, consumer electronics, home décor, stationery, sporting goods, movies, and television series. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as L.O.L. Surprise!™, Little Tikes®, Rainbow High™, Shadow High™, Bratz®, MGA’s Miniverse™, Na! Na! Na! Surprise™, Mermaze Mermaidz™ Color Change, Micro Games of America™, Baby Born® Surprise and Zapf Creation®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgae.com or check us out at LinkedIn.
Manager: As a Retail Sales Manager, Licensing, you will work with all of our partners to maximize growth of MGA Company licensed product sales at Walmart retailer. This includes both brick & mortar and ecommerce in Hardlines, Softlines, Consumables, Publishing and Games categories. You will bring an understanding of selling into and managing a diverse brand portfolio, reporting to the EVP, North America Sales.
- Establish and develop business relationships with MGA Licensing team and MGA licensees to help identify plans that help achieve our sales goals
- Establish and develop excellent relationships with retail buying teams to manage all areas of day-to-day business
- Prepare for and conduct regular retail buyer meetings, product/program pitches to ensure that the MGA brands and franchises receive prominent placement and support at assigned retail accounts
- Lead the development of annual and long-term plans to grow retailer business
- Develop programs that promote in-line and out of aisle placement during specific time frames related to content releases and seasons
- Analyze market conditions and consumer data to provide Sales leadership, Licensing and licensees with specific feedback on how to grow business at this account.
- Identify trends and opportunities within retailer base
- Work with internal retail/brand marketing department to identify marketing programs and plans reflective of accounts needs to increase sales
- Collaborate with local MGA team members to maximize joint and cross-category placement opportunities
- 5+ years retail, entertainment, licensing sales, experience in brand/consumer packaged goods
- Experience with retail sales and retail marketing strategies, brand and property positioning
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, relationship building skills
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills, flexible/adaptable and able to collaborate and influence at all levels of an organization
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of programs/issues simultaneously within a large matrixed organization
- Analytical skills and understanding of business and financial concepts
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI
- Bachelor's degree