Shift Operations Manager (2nd Shift)
Company Summary: MGA Entertainment, a consumer entertainment Products Company headquartered in Chatsworth, California, manufactures innovative lines of proprietary products for the toy and consumer electronics market. The company also licenses its IP in such areas as apparel, home décor, stationery and sporting goods. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as LOL Surprise, Little Tikes®, Project MC2, and Zapf Creation®. For more information please visit www.mgae.com.
Mission: This position has direct responsibility for all shift activities required to support the day-to-day operations of the warehouse. The responsibilities include the following: Inbound receiving, inventory control, order fulfillment, outbound loading/shipping and value-added services. The position leads the team to ensure we provide a well-organized, clean and safe work environment for all staff members. Supports all distribution center related tasks required to deliver the operational goals and KPI’s. This position reports directly to the VP of Logistics.
Key Result Areas Time Utilization
TOTAL TIME UTILIZATION
- Minimum 7 years of distribution operation leadership experience in an automated distribution environment.
- BA Degree preferred or equivalent demonstrated “hands on” experience level.
- Strong Leadership Skills.
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Advanced knowledge of WMS systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective planner
- Proficient at Excel and Word applications
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) preferred
2nd Shift is from 4pm-Midnight
Shift Flexibility Required.
Key Result Areas and Activities
- Timely receipt and unloading of all inbound containers. Monitor activities to ensure containers are cleared by “Last Free Day” and returned on time to avoid Demurrage fees.
- Stock locations are maximized and inventory cycle counts accurate minimizing inventory shrinkage and/or damage expenses.
- Ensure orders are routed properly according to the customer requirements and all orders are picked, packed and labeled two hours prior to customer pick up time.
- Ensure outbound trucks are loaded and out-gated within the 1.5 hour “free loading” time.
- Liaison with freight carriers to insure customer compliance and timely pick-ups.
- Maintains accurate Master Data in WMS, TMS and ERP systems capturing dimensions and weights
- Archives initial receipt of new items and maintains product library
- Ensure value-added service projects are planned and executed timely including material ready with product and corrugate to support out of aisle displays.
- Ensures the DC is clean, well-organized and compliant with all health and safety protocols.