Sr. Financial Analyst
MGA Entertainment is a toy and family entertainment company headquartered in Chatsworth, California. We design, develop, manufacture, and markets toys for children and families around the world. The MGA Entertainment family includes award-winning brands such as LOL Surprise! and Little Tikes. Our Mission is to entertain children around world and become part of their childhood and future generations. For us, Creative Innovation is our way. We are passionate about everything we do. We are about Solutions and "can do" is our belief system. When we say it, we do it – we are always Accountable. We recognize the Unlimited Potential of employees and power of Teamwork. Collaboration is crucial.
About The Role
This (Senior) Financial Analyst will be an integral member of the global Financial Planning & Analysis team and will support executives and peers globally across functions. Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail are critical for success at this position.
• Prepare monthly close reports and scorecards; conduct variance analysis
• Create back-up materials for Actual, Budget and Forecasts
• Support marketing teams to optimize marketing spend strategy
• Collaborate with department leads to prepare, validate and trackspends against budgets, forecasts, and long-term plans
• Collaborate with Controller’s office to review and analyze invoices and purchase orders and conduct related analysis
• Identify key business drivers, their P&L or balance sheet impact, and the bottom line impact to the business.
• Stay abreast of key business initiatives and their impact on Budget or Forecast.
Identify, propose and implement process improvement initiatives to improve the timing and accuracy of financial information.
• Assist withanalyses related to pricing, product costs, sales and expenses
• Provide inputs to ad-hoc analysis to assist the executive decision-making process
• Monitor and benchmark competition and industry
Our ideal candidate is a motivated fast learner who enjoys working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, highly collaborative and creative environment. The position requires excellent interpersonal, communication, self-motivation, and time management skills.
• Appreciates the importance of accuracy and pays attention to details
• Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships and can tailor communication skills based on the audience
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines while handling several projects simultaneously
• Ability to remain productive among changing priorities
• Demonstrates “can-do” attitude and solution-driven mentality
• Strong collaboration skills and enjoy working with others;
• Ability to perform in-depth analysis independently
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Math, Accounting, or related fields
• 0-8 years of work experience; title comparable to experience
• Intermediate to Advanced level Excel with some good understanding of data structure and comfortability with handling large data sets
- Good command of Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Power BI and / or D365 a plus.