Sr. Financial Analyst
MGA Entertainment is one of the world's fastest growing and largest privately held toy and entertainment companies. Headquartered in Chatsworth, Calif. and with offices globally, the company creates innovative, proprietary, and licensed consumer products and entertainment, including toys, games, dolls, apparel, consumer electronics, home décor, stationery, sporting goods, movies, and television series. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as L.O.L. Surprise!™, Little Tikes®, Rainbow High™, Shadow High™, Bratz®, MGA’s Miniverse™, Na! Na! Na! Surprise™, Mermaze Mermaidz™ Color Change, Micro Games of America™, Baby Born® Surprise and Zapf Creation®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgae.com or check us out at LinkedIn.
About The Role
This (Senior) Financial Analyst will be an integral member of the global Financial Planning & Analysis team and will support executives and peers globally across functions. Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail are critical for success at this position.
• Prepare monthly close reports and scorecards; conduct variance analysis
• Create back-up materials for Actual, Budget and Forecasts
• Support marketing teams to optimize marketing spend strategy
• Collaborate with department leads to prepare, validate and trackspends against budgets, forecasts, and long-term plans
• Collaborate with Controller’s office to review and analyze invoices and purchase orders and conduct related analysis
• Identify key business drivers, their P&L or balance sheet impact, and the bottom line impact to the business.
• Stay abreast of key business initiatives and their impact on Budget or Forecast.
Identify, propose and implement process improvement initiatives to improve the timing and accuracy of financial information.
• Assist withanalyses related to pricing, product costs, sales and expenses
• Provide inputs to ad-hoc analysis to assist the executive decision-making process
• Monitor and benchmark competition and industry
Our ideal candidate is a motivated fast learner who enjoys working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, highly collaborative and creative environment. The position requires excellent interpersonal, communication, self-motivation, and time management skills.
• Appreciates the importance of accuracy and pays attention to details
• Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships and can tailor communication skills based on the audience
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines while handling several projects simultaneously
• Ability to remain productive among changing priorities
• Demonstrates “can-do” attitude and solution-driven mentality
• Strong collaboration skills and enjoy working with others;
• Ability to perform in-depth analysis independently
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Math, Accounting, or related fields
• 0-8 years of work experience; title comparable to experience
• Intermediate to Advanced level Excel with some good understanding of data structure and comfortability with handling large data sets
- Good command of Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Power BI and / or D365 a plus.
$70,000 – $100,000 /yr