Sr. POS and Planning Specialist
MGA Entertainment is one of the largest and fastest growing privately held toy and entertainment companies in the world. Headquartered in Los Angeles, and with offices globally, the company creates innovative, proprietary, and licensed consumer products and entertainment properties, including toys, games, dolls, apparel, consumer electronics, home décor, stationery, sporting goods, movies, and television series. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as L.O.L. Surprise!™, Little Tikes®, Rainbow High™, Shadow High™, Bratz®, MGA’s Miniverse™, Na! Na! Na! Surprise™, Micro Games of America™, Baby born® Surprise and Zapf Creation®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgae.com or check us out at LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Position Summary: MGA Entertainment is seeking a Sr. POS and Planning Specialist for the Target business. The Sr. POS and Planning Specialist pulls and analyzes sales, forecast, and order data and makes business recommendations to help leadership understand the flows of this fast growing business. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to create complex models using multiple data-sets and will have the ability to make meaningful business recommendations through extensive analysis.
Key Result Areas
Pull and analyze data including Sales, Replenishment and Allocations
Trend analysis and recommendations
TOTAL TIME UTILIZATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics or a similar technical field.
- 4 + years’ related experience.
- Solid years of experience in a highly analytical environment in which complex modelling and analysis is performed.
- PBI experience preferred
- Madrid and WMT Luminate experience preferred
- Ability to build and manage models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Must be very detail-oriented and meticulous in the follow through of documentation, processes and procedures.
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex strategic problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis.
- Experience utilizing advanced data analytics tools to provide insight regarding item, brand performance across stores and ecommerce channels.
- Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights.
- Advanced Excel skills and strong ability to create large models and quality check results.
- Strong influencing skills including strong ability to work with forecasting, planning, allocations, supply chain planning and other cross-functional teams.
- Strong business acumen and ability to work quickly, accurately and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to interact with upper management and influence decisions by presenting persuasive information.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting sales data.
- Monitoring and analyzing competitive activity, customer, and market trends.
- Providing actionable insights to guide the sales and marketing teams.
- Contributing to the development of sales plans and objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluating sales performance.
- Forecasting demand, revenue, and expenses.
- Determining sales potential and making recommendations.
Authority: Position reports to the Director of Demand Planning
Key Result Areas and Activities:
Work across functions and with multi-disciplinary teams, stakeholders and users to identify, understand and clearly define and solving business strategy, objectives, processes, challenges and problems for the Collectibles business.
- Data modeling
- Develop and validate operations forecasting models and tools for the collectibles business that has multiple waves, countries to supply to and skus.
- Develop scalable and efficient methods for complex data analyses and model development and deployment.
- Pull data for supply chain, allocations, forecast and sales orders globally
- Identify data needs and proper methods for data gathering, integration and preparation, data quality and data governance for the Collectibles business.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses on specific areas of the operation including (supply chain, allocations, forecast and sales orders).
- Invent and quickly iterate novel solutions to challenging data-related problems.
- Trend analysis and recommendations
- Deliver and communicate status and results to internal stakeholders and users at all levels of the organization through reports, presentations and other means.
- Develop reporting and analysis to measure the effectiveness of problem solving within the supply chain, allocations, forecast and sales data/processes; make data driven recommendations that optimize performance.
- Translate analysis results and modeling outcome into understandable and actionable business knowledge; effectively and clearly present findings.