MGA Entertainment is one of the largest and fastest growing privately held toy and entertainment companies in the world. Headquartered in Los Angeles, and with offices globally, the company creates innovative, proprietary, and licensed consumer products and entertainment properties, including toys, games, dolls, apparel, consumer electronics, home décor, stationery, sporting goods, movies, and television series. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as L.O.L. Surprise!™, Little Tikes®, Rainbow High™, Shadow High™, Bratz®, MGA’s Miniverse™, Na! Na! Na! Surprise™, Micro Games of America™, Baby born® Surprise and Zapf Creation®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgae.com or check us out at LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Mission: The Allocations Analyst is responsible for dividing up all MGAE’s products accordingly among each retailer. This position interfaces with Demand Planning, Sales, Sales Ops, and Manufacturing to determine suitable inventory levels by retailer.
Key Result Areas
Create and maintain daily and monthly allocation plans
Reporting and Analysis
TOTAL TIME UTILIZATION
- Four-year college degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Math and/or Economics strongly preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years experience in an inventory planning, production planning, allocations, or similar capacity for a consumer products retailer or supplier, preferably in the Toy or Fashion industry.
- Prior experience with ERP systems such as SAP, JDE, Microsoft D365, AXAPTA required.
- Experience with retailer POS systems and EDI (Wal-Mart Retail Link, Target Partners Online, Amazon Vendor Central) required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including advanced skills in Excel and Power BI.
- Proactive and able to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, sales-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Good organizational skills and highly detail orientated.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Basic knowledge of Logistics.
- Understand demand planning and supply chain functions.
Key Result Areas and Activities
- Serve as the key point person for inventory / allocation inquiries from the Sales Team.
- Review, manage and maintain product allocations.
- Incorporate flow of goods, orders, forecasts, POS, and retailer in-stock levels to determine allocation in alignment with Executive Management directives.
- Manage relationships with Sales Teams and ensure they are informed of the allocated quantity for their accounts.
- Collaborate with Sales and Supply Chain/Planning (US and HK) for allocated and/or late items.
- Provide approval on domestic transfer requests on allocated items.
- Provide approval on inventory transfer delays from Hong Kong and allocate inventory as needed domestically.
- Proactively manage inventory levels at the retail level to identify low inventory items and partner with the Sales Teams to increase inventory levels at retail.
- Lead the partnership with Hong Kong to re-allocate orders when needed.
- Liaison between Marketing/Media and Supply Chain by monitoring TV, customer ads/promotion items to ensure that sufficient inventory is in house when TV or ads are scheduled to run.
- Partner with Customer Marketing on securing inventory for exclusive, Pallets, Promotions, Blitz, Out of Aisle Promotions, etc.
- Collaborate with Planning team on Global modular support for new season inventory.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Effectively communicate allocation strategy for each retailor using reports from Power BI.
- Manage and maintain allocations within the ERP system.
- Maintain a weekly allocation/Inventory status report for Sales and Supply Chain to identify items on allocation, items out of stock (Ship One) and provide estimated availability dates.
- Conduct analysis of global supply vs. demand.
- Seek opportunities for improvement of current processes and streamline reporting for maximum impact
- Perform pre-season, in-season, and post-season analysis to uncover opportunities and risks.