Company Summary: MGA is the fastest growing privately held toy company in the world. MGA is known to be a market disruptor, launching 10+ new brands that (each) generated $100M+ in sales over the past 20 years, and of which several became a multi-billion-dollar franchises (e.g., Bratz, LOL Surprise). Over the past 5 years MGA experienced rapid growth, and we are interested in expanding our internal SWAT team to build a scalable platform to support our growth aspirations.
Our team: MGA’s SWAT team, is a nimble, cross-functional “special projects” team that executes high-impact (top- and bottom-line) initiatives. Team members report directly to the President of MGA Studios and to the SVP of Strategic Priorities.
The SWAT team works closely with the CEO and the executive team to identify, size, and execute high-impact top- and bottom-line opportunities across all areas of the business (including supply chain, marketing, pricing and promotions, finance, product development, etc.). The SWAT team holds weekly meetings with the CEO and a sub-set of the executive team to ensure close alignment and accelerate value creation.
To ensure the identified value sustainability cascades to the P&L, the SWAT team works alongside (1) functional working teams (e.g., supply chain, sales, marketing, etc.) to develop analytical tools, processes, and performance management systems, and (2) finance to link initiatives to the P&L.
Our value proposition:
• Weekly coaching and working sessions with the CEO and the executive team
• Work in the toy industry and rapidly learn its fundamentals from veterans with decades of experience
• Ex-McKinsey leadership committed to in-person mentorship and apprenticeship
• We are a non-hierarchical team that focuses on creating the best answer (everyone’s voice has equal weight)
• Sustainable work-life balance
• No silos: opportunities to work on projects in all business functions alongside members of our executive team
• Career pathway within the SWAT team and mobility to other areas of the organization
• Opportunity to create and shape IP with tangible cultural impact
• Differentiated cash compensation
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• >1+6 years of experience at a top-tier consulting (McKinsey, Bain, BCG) or private equity firm, with a demonstrated track record of distinctive performance
• Self-starter with a high level of ownership and drive for impact that is excited about making at-scale impact in a fast-paced environment
• Have an aspiration to become a GM with P&L ownership
• Experience in retail is a plus, but not required
$71,000 – $150,000 /yr
To learn more about the role, please reach out to Jose Espinel (firstname.lastname@example.org).