VP, Franchise Development
Company Summary: MGA Entertainment, a consumer entertainment Products Company headquartered in Chatsworth, California, manufactures innovative lines of proprietary products for the toy and consumer electronics market. The company also licenses its IP in such areas as apparel, home décor, stationery, and sporting goods. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as LOL Surprise, Little Tikes®, Rainbow High and Zapf Creation®. For more information, please visit www.mgae.com.
We are looking for a VP Franchise development to help us extend our success by developing and executing a best-in-class, long term business strategy to ensure that the brand will remain timeless today, tomorrow and for generations to come.
We need a strong owner operator who understands our fans, can help deliver a strong and consistent story across every touchpoint and can highlight what sets our products apart for both buyers and consumers.
This role requires strategic, innovative and creative thinking across product development, financial planning and global marketing.
- Acts as the Franchise steward by being the voice and advocate for the franchise throughout MGA working closely with leadership from all business units to unify goals and business objectives
- Builds and executes long-term Franchise growth plans including franchise positioning, content, licensing and partnership opportunities
- Oversees the financial aspects of the brand including an ongoing awareness of inventory status, long-term growth opportunities and challenges as well as understanding the competitive landscape
- Advocates for the brand through careful attention to details ranging from understanding audience & brand segmentation, building strong retail programs and identifying global growth opportunities
- Works with Business Units and Territories to build long-term franchise value through consistent execution worldwide including adherence to brand guidelines and approvals.
- Ensures that all franchise plans and marketing activations are designed and implemented to meet specific measurable goals (short term and long term)
- Develop strategies to drive core brand and develop a franchised focus on manufactured and licensed goods
- Create brand visual elements, that translate to all franchise partners, that are memorable and cohesive
- Develop strategies that broadens the brand’s target audience
- Communicates and interacts regularly with constituents on the development of the
Franchise Strategy, Interactive Franchise Plans, Business Unit and Territory activation plans and general franchise updates
- Shares best practices with partners
- BA/ BS required, MBA a plus
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience with Brand and/or Franchise Development
- Proven success in cross-divisional, synergistic roles with multiple stakeholders required
- Experience with consumer research and financial analysis preferred
- Experience with a movie studio and/or entertainment fields highly preferred
- Experience with consumer demand creation
- Proven ability to lead and foster a highly collaborative team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven track-record in communicating and building consensus with all levels of staff, internal divisions and external stakeholders
- Proven ability creating consumer & retailer demand
- Experience with ecommerce and digital marketing as levers for growth
- Experience driving marketing and advertising strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, and excellent judgment. Able to work effectively with senior level executives.
- Must have the ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality in handling sensitive information and materials.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management, prioritization, and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive and productive demeanor
- High proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote required
$200,000 – $250,000 /yr