General Ledger Accountant
MGA Entertainment is one of the largest and fastest growing privately held toy and entertainment companies in the world. Headquartered in Los Angeles, and with offices globally, the company creates innovative, proprietary, and licensed consumer products and entertainment properties, including toys, games, dolls, apparel, consumer electronics, home décor, stationery, sporting goods, movies, and television series. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as L.O.L. Surprise!™, Little Tikes®, Rainbow High™, Shadow High™, Bratz®, MGA’s Miniverse™, Fluffie Stuffiez™ , Na! Na! Na! Surprise™, Micro Games of America™, Baby born® Surprise and Zapf Creation®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgae.com or check us out at LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Degree in accounting or finance with at least 5 years of relevant experience in an accounting function is required
- Analytical and accounting skills.
- Good collaboration and communications skills.
- Attention to details.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Good Excel skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
Key Result Areas and Activities
- Preparation and posting of financial data such as accruals, deferred costs, reclassifications, and intercompany/interdepartmental entries into the ledger, as well as preparing reports.
- Assisting in General Ledger Accounts reconciliation.
- Performing balances reconciliation with supporting documentation.
- Gathering supporting documentation and performing recordkeeping.
- Ensure all journal entries for month-end close are completed within company month-end close deadline.
- Reconcile and settle intercompany balances.
- Ensuring that financial information complies with standards.
- Other activities linked to Financial reporting