General Ledger Supervisor
MGA Entertainment is one of the largest and fastest growing privately held toy and entertainment companies in the world. Headquartered in Los Angeles, and with offices globally, the company creates innovative, proprietary, and licensed consumer products and entertainment properties, including toys, games, dolls, apparel, consumer electronics, home décor, stationery, sporting goods, movies, and television series. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as L.O.L. Surprise!™, Little Tikes®, Rainbow High™, Shadow High™, Bratz®, MGA’s Miniverse™, Fluffie Stuffiez™ , Na! Na! Na! Surprise™, Micro Games of America™, Baby born® Surprise and Zapf Creation®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgae.com or check us out at LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 10 years of relevant experience in an accounting function is required
- Analytical and technical accounting skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communications skills.
- Manage 1 team member.
- Attention to details.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Audit experience.
- Good Excel skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel.
- Ability to work under limited supervision in resolving generally understood and/or more complex issues.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
Key Result Areas and Activities
- Performing analysis on financial data to assure its accuracy of revenue and cost allocation.
- Responsibility for General Ledger financial data such as accruals, deferred costs, reclassifications, and intercompany /interdepartmental entries into the ledger, as well as preparing reports.
- General Ledger Accounts reconciliation.
- Performing monthly accounts analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct.
- Gathering supporting documentation and performing recordkeeping.
- Ensure all journal entries for month-end close are completed within company month-end close deadline.
- Reconcile and settle intercompany balances.
- Ensuring that financial information complies with standards.
- Aligning General Ledger accounting practices to support budgeting.
- Assist with audit procedures.
- Other activities linked to Financial reporting